Why we collect information
We will only collect information, when necessary, for a purpose that relates directly to Carinity functions and activities.We understand that you may not want to provide information to us. The information we request of you is relevant to providing you with the services you need or is required by State orFederal laws. If you choose not to provide us with some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
Kinds of information we collect
The following kinds of personal and sensitive information that may be collected include but is not limited to:
- your name, date of birth, address, gender and contact details
- emergency contacts
- information about any family or other related persons such as partners, parents, children and legal representatives
- information about your health and wellbeing
- court orders that affect you
How we collect your information
We will collect your personal information through a range of channels including:
- directly from you or your legal representative when we meet with you face to face
- via letters, email, forms, surveys and through our websites
- from authorised third parties e.g. government agencies
- for the safety of staff, residents and site guests, Carinity operates CCTV cameras in some facilities. Where CCTV is in operation, service users are notified of its presence through signage. Footage collected is managed under the same principals as all other information we collect.
When do we use or disclose information?
We will use and disclose your personal information only for the purpose for which it was collected or for any other purpose that is otherwise directly related to Carinity functions or activities or otherwise permitted by law.
Access and correction of information
We do not usually send personal information out of Australia. If we do, we will take all steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information.
Links to other websites
Carinity website/s may contain links to other websites. These links are meant for your convenience only. Please be aware that Carinity is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
Changes to the Privacy Collection Statement
The Privacy Collection Statement may be changed from time to time.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have managed your personal information you may make that complaint verbally or in writing by setting out the details of your complaint to the Carinity Privacy Officer by any of the following:
- Call: 07 3550 3737
- Email: Privacy.Officer@carinity.org.au
- Post: PO Box 6164 Mitchelton Qld 4053
To allow us to contact you regarding your compliant, we will require your name and either your phone number or email address.
How to contact us
If you have questions in relation to privacy or how we manage your personal information, please contact us on 07 3550 3737. Alternatively, you can email Privacy.Officer@carinity.org.au