Why Choose Glendyne?
Our independent school provides personalised support in a Christian setting. We embrace flexible learning in a small class environment where staff are available to provide ready access to help. We have the capability to develop an individualised pathway to achieve a Queensland Certificate of Education.
Some of our extra learning support services include:
- Youth workers are available for additional assistance in and out of the classroom. They act as a supportive guide to provide ready access to help and direction.
- Our teachers and staff are trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention. This trauma-informed approach to education helps students develop strategies to manage trauma and become more resilient.
- Learning is designed to engage and support the needs of each learner.
- Personal development is focused on developing student’s abilities and their belief in them.
- We encourage students to pursue their dreams and ensure that they have the skills required to get a job or pursue further training and/or higher education options.
- We aim to grow student attachment to the local and global community to the extent of knowing they belong.
- We utilise the Outcomes Star as an individualised case management tool to co-create goals in the life journey of change. It helps us look at outcomes beyond academic achievement such as: Aspiration; Contribution; Confidence; Learning; People and support; and Communicating
- All students are assessed to determine if they require one-on-one tutoring, in which case, the service is provided free of charge on campus during school hours.